Community Outreach Committee
‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’ Matthew 25:40
In the spirit of the Catholic Faith, the St. Sebastian community seeks to emulate the Gospel message by helping our bothers and sisters in need. You are invited to join any of our parish based ministries that are making a real difference in the local community.
Who are we?
A friendly group of parishioners! We meet monthly to plan charitable activities that help our neighbors to have food, warm clothes, educational supplies, and even gifts at Christmas!
What are some of our activities?
• Winter coat drive for the Buy Nothing Coat Exchange – last year we collected 2 carloads.
• Collection of cash and canned goods at Thanksgiving and in the spring to benefit the Holy Name Church St. Vincent de Paul food pantry – $1,400 collected last Thanksgiving and $1,000 in May.
• Hat and Mitten tree during Christmas for the homeless men, women and children at Crossroads RI.
• Embrace-A-Family program to provide Christmas gifts to students of San Miguel school and their families as well as mentally challenged adults in the ARC community – more than 100 individuals gifted each year.
• Sandwich Drive every Sunday in March to help feed the needy at Crossroads RI.
• School Supplies collection for the students of San Miguel school.
We also keep in touch with a priest in Ghana who served at our parish many years ago. Fr. Bobby Benson does wonderful work with AIDS patients, orphans, and hospital outreach in his home country, and we’ve held fundraisers over the years to sponsor his work.
How can I help?
• Come to a meeting! Future meetings will be announced in the bulletin.
• Bring your ideas. Do you know a worthy cause that you’d like to help? We are always looking for new ways to involve our parish in the community.
• Miss the meeting but want more information? Contact the parish office.